For some reason, I have been bombarded with quinoa recipes. I love it! A few friends have sent me some new recipes to try and also a fellow blogger, Gazing In, had an entire post review on a book entitled: “500 Best Quinoa Recipes.”
In case you are “late to the party,” you can read my previous post on what quinoa is.
Here is a brownie recipe made from quinoa. WHAT? CRAZY!! …..which makes it completely grain-free. (It does contain butter and sugar…but that could be tweaked in my kitchen!)
This recipe is taken from “Mennonite Girls Can Cook” (Thanks Jeri for forwarding it!)
Dorothy’s Quinoa Brownie Recipe
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 – 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil. Cover and cook for 10 min. Turn off heat and leave on burner for 10 min. more. Fluff with a fork and cool.
- Combine liquids, add quinoa and butter and blend till smooth in blender .
- Whisk together dry ingredients and add to blender and mix well.
- Pour into 2 greased round pans or 1 larger one.
- Bake at 350 F. for 40-45 min.
- Cool completely .
- Serve as is , iced or as a base for a fruit-topped dessert.
- You’ll never guess that these have no flour!
More Quinoa Recipes! Shape Magazine did a “Ten Ways to eat Quinoa” article (Thank you, Marloes!) In this article they give a recipe for some Vegan Chocolate Protein Bars that look AWESOME!
Anyways, some fun ways to eat the superfood: QUINOA!